Subscribe to "This Week at the Land Policy Institute" weekly e-newsletter:
While the Land Policy Institute (LPI) does land use and land policy related research funded by the university and major funding sources, such as the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, the People and Land initiative, the National Institute of Health, and the National Science Foundation, we also have a number of activities appropriate for individual donor support and recognition.
Programs and initiatives available to support include:
- Annual Land Use Summit
- "New Path" Distinguished Speaker Series
- Citizen Planner Events
- MIHELP Consortium Symposia
- Michigan State University Ag Expo
- Other Conferences and Events
Donors are recognized in myriad ways, including on the Institute's website and in webcasts, in program materials and signage, and via event announcements. Donors also receive complimentary admittance to the event being sponsored.
If you would like to sponsor an LPI program, please contact Heidi Charron at 517.432.8800 Ext. 109 for more information.
LPI also provides scholarships to graduate and undergraduate students in various departments. We encourage others to support this scholarship program as well.
We encourage land use organizations and associations to:
- Distribute LPI publications at meetings.
- Promote LPI events in calendars.
- Post LPI materials and event information on websites.
- Attend Planning & Zoning Center at MSU trainings and Citizen Planner trainings.
- Use LPI research findings to help inform constituents and state and local policy makers.
If you or your organization is interested in collaborating on a joint community-university research project, contact Heidi Charron at 517.432.8800 Ext. 109.